Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Better When You DIY...

Happy Wednesday dolls! I have been working on some DIY projects for my home over the weekend and wanted to share. Now I want to start by saying I love my condo. It is a great size and almost fully updated (ALMOST being the key term). The area that may need the most work is the kitchen, a room that has not been redone in the past 30 years. I have these early 1980's cabinets that are just plain ugly and I needed to do something to brighten up the space. So, while I was playing around on Pinterest (obsessed!) I found this cute little project and thought I would give it a go.

Here is what you will need
  • One Cake Plate: I pick rhis one up at HomeGoods for $5.00 so it was perfect for this project. 
  • Spray Paint: It's paint...that you spray...ummmm...yay!
  • Stainless Steel Pads: cheap and easy to find.
First step is to take off any tags or stickers off your cake plate. Then with the stainless steel  pads go over all the plate. This will give the paint something to grab onto later so it will stay on better.
The next step...spray that puppy!!! I picked Blue Ocean Breeze for this project and I did end up doing 2 coats.

It's just that easy and after its drys I it's time to step it up.
This was a cute idea and I am glad I did it. If you have any cool DIY projects that you have done or would like to do let me know. I would love to hear it and maybe I could get some more ideas for my place.

Ta-ta darling,
Magpie

1 comment: