Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Treat Yourself, A Note From the Magpie...

As a woman and a young single mom I am on the run all the time. I normally wake up around 6am every morning and I'm off.  Between work, running my household, trying to have some kind of personal life, and (the best part of all) raising my son sometimes I feel like there are just not enough hours in the day. Now I'm sure that most of you reading this feel like overwhelmed every now and again so with that in mind I feel that we all need treat ourselfs every once in a while. If that means slipping away to take a hot bath and a mud mask, or grabbing a movie or even just taking a few minutes to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee while reading a few pages from your favorite book. It's important to remember that we have to take that time every now and agian.

It's easy to forget to do this with everything that goes on it in life. Sometimes we need a reminder.


Egg Whites and Yogurt Mask:

Ingredients:

  • 2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl
  • 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (I like Greek yogurt)

Preparation:

Separate the egg whites from a couple eggs and place them in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt (do not use flavored yogurt!). Mix them up and apply to face. Leave on face for a few minutes then rinse face in warm water, followed by a warm washcloth.
 
Ta-ta Darlings,
The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment