Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Makeup Review: e.l.f. cosmetics

Hello Dolls! Today I am doing my first makeup review (yay!) on e.l.f. cosmetics. The e.l.f. or eyes lips face line can be seen in magazines like Marie Claire, In Style, and Glamour. You can also check out thier website at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/.

I will start by telling you about my dealings with the company. I went to the site to check it out and thought I might try a few things. The pricing on this makeup is great for anyone on a budget and they have a lot to look at. I made my order and it did take a while to get it in the mail. I didn't even get a e-mail saying my order had been shipped for about a week. I have heard that about ordering online however, so I was not really to put off by it.


1. I bought 2 of the Essentials Waterproof Eyeliner Pen ($1). One in Coffee#7301 and Black#7303. I have used the black several times and I really enjoy it. The pen tip makes applying the liqued liner fast and easy. I have never really had trouble with liqued liners but I can understand if you do. This is almost like just using a pencil.

2. The Studio Lip Primer & Plumper ($3) in Clear/Natural#82101. I am always a fan of lip plumers so I really wanted to try this. I tried it with a with just a simple lip gloss on top and it worked pretty well however, it did not last as long as I would have liked. Then there is the lip primer, I didn't know how I was going to feel about this. I have tried them in the past and never really cared for them. They always seemed to clump on my lip and change the color of the lipstick, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I used it with one of my red lipsticks and it was great! It help the color on for hours and didn't change the color at all. I don't wear lipstick all the time ( I normally wear a lipgloss for everyday) but when I do want to have a bit more of a fun look I will be using this first.  

3. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer ($3) in Sheer#6531. I am in love with this primer! I don't know what else to say but it's great and if you are going to trying just one thing this should be it.

4. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette ($10) in Warm#71562. This is a nice palette but some of the shadows tend to fade in the first few hours. Now it's not all of the shadows and the ones that last are fab.


5. Studio Tone Correcting Powder ($3) in color #83801. I am always a fan of these powders. They are great for under the eyes and what not. It is always good to have if you are going to be somewhere where you may have your photo taken. Plus, this powder (and all the other items I bought) came in a great case. It is just the right size for your makeup bag or to put in your bag on the run.

6.  The Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection ($30) in Black#85015. I was really shocked to see how nice these brush set were. I am REALLY picky about my brushes and didn't think I would like them this much. I was just going to have them as more of a back up set for traveling but I think I might be using them more.

7. Professional Studio Pigment Eyeshadow ($3) in Innocent Ivory#81221. I needed a new Ivory shadow so I thought I would give it a try. I like the eyeshadow itself but I hate the brush it came with. It is small and kinda cheap so I got ride of it and now I just use one of the shadow brushes from my set. Problem Solved!

8. Essentials Lipstick ($1) in Fearless#7712. This is a good lipstick for your bag or if you are traveling. The color is a bit less red them it seems in the photo but it is still nice.

I hope you find this useful and I would love to hear if any of you have tried anything from e.l.f. or if you have a brand of makeup that you just love. I hope you all have a fab week and look for more post updates.

Ta-ta Darlings,
Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment